Friday, March 28, 2014

Top Herd

Now that the regular season is over, I will be awarding my overall Top Herd player award. Now this is not an official award nor do I have a trophy but it is just something fun I have been doing this season as editor of this blog and a big fan of the Mooseheads.

And the winner is.....








Nikolaj Ehlers

Even though he was second in team scoring behind Jonathan Drouin, Ehlers has had the best rookie season in Mooseheads history since Ladislav Nagy in 1998-99 season. He ended the regular season with 104 points and was so close to getting 50 goals on the season. Three straight hat tricks in the weekend changeover of February and March helped make that record a possibility but he could not get the second goal he needed to in the last game to reach 50 goals, ending the season with 49. He's also skates fast and makes smart plays most of the time that allow the team an opportunity to score.


Here is the list of my Top Herd that I have done this season. I didn't name one every game.
Sept 1       Moncton - Nikolaj Ehlers
Sept 25     Bathurst - Trey Lewis
Sept 28     Baie-Comeau - Zach Fucale
Sept 29     Sherbrooke - Nikolaj Ehlers
Oct 11      Blainville - Ryan Falkenham
Oct 12      Saint John - Kevin Darveau
Oct 15     Cape Breton - Darcy Ashley
Oct 18     Val-d'Or - Nikolaj Ehlers
Oct 19     Rouyn-Noranda - Jonathan Drouin
Oct 23     Charlottetown - Austyn Hardie
Nov 8      Moncton - Brent Andrews
Nov 9      Saint John - Matt Murphy
Nov 14    Drummondville - Jonathan Drouin
Nov 22    Bathurst - Mac Weegar
Dec 29    Cape Breton - Kevin Darveau
Mar 6      Charlottetown - Nikolaj Ehlers
Mar 14    Saint John - Philippe Gadoury
Mar 15    Cape Breton - Jonathan Drouin



Thank you Moose Country fans for making this the most viewed page on my blog. I'm glad you enjoyed it and I look forward to doing it again next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment