Friday, October 18, 2019

Hischier Signs Extension

Former Halifax Mooseheads forward Nico Hischier has signed an extension with the New Jersey Devils before his current entry level contract is over. The 20-year-old put his signature on the dotted line on a 7 year contract. It will come into effect at the beginning of the 2020-21 season and is worth 50.75 million dollars.

"I like the direction the organization is going in and the confidence they give me is all a player can ask for," said Hischier. "We have a young, exciting team, and I ma driven to try my best to help the team succeed every day. I was really welcomed here from day one, and I have always felt that I wanted to be part of the Devils."

Hischier has played 157 games so far (includes this year) and has recorded 101 points. The Brig, Switzerland native suited up for all 82 matches during his rookie season and scored 20 goals in 2017-18. He was originally drafted at the 2017 NHL draft and the Devils surprised some people by selecting him 1st overall.

Congratulations to Nico on being signed to a contract extension today and good luck in New Jersey.


No comments:

Post a Comment